Pids Nogales

I share my thoughts on Christ, Education and other Philippine issues

Name:

I love Christ, Math and Computers.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Ridiculous Socials

We will have our National Planning Workshop next week in Butuan City. This is a great time to meet NSO field officials and hear their best practices. I always enjoy NPW except the socials. We are always made to do or perform ridiculous things. The usual fare is sing and dance and it is kind of boring. The more important reason is that I really do not enjoy dancing.

I hope that we could invent more creative or innovative ways to have socials. Games for one is a lot better alternative. Socials should have a relaxed atmosphere and not structured as a regular programme. The idea of this event is to talk with people and renew acquaintances. Let people relax and realease stress. Doing presentations is welcome unless the performers are enjoying what they do and are good in that area. But to watch performers who do not like what they do (as we usually do in NSO socials) is wasting time or worse having fun at their expense unless of course they are certified comedians. Minsan nga ako pa nahihiya kapag napapanood ko na talagang awkward ang performers. I know they were forced to do those things.

And now for the highlight: Imagine me mimicking Romy Mallari. Who?! Do I have a choice? Yes.

Perform or Pay P1,000. Funny? Not for me. A thousand pesos is a lot of money. Sakay ka na lang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home