Pids Nogales

I share my thoughts on Christ, Education and other Philippine issues

Name:

I love Christ, Math and Computers.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Andrew G. Tenefrancia - A Man of God

1977. The year I obeyed the Gospel of Christ. Manila Science High School Living Circle. It was the ministry that brought the Gospel to Masci in the 70’s. The Living Circle Ministry is Pastor Tenefrancia’s legacy. I value it most because it changed my life. Through the Masci LC and later the UPLC, I grew in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Also, thru the LC Ministry, I learned to serve the Lord. Pastor Tene supported me and Pastor Egay Espinosa when we revived the V. Mapa LC. He also encouraged me and Pastor Lito Sese while we were serving at the EARIST LC. Ganun din sa Quirino High School LC kasama ko doon sila Ate Irene at Ate Aida. As a result, many students and teachers committed their lives to Christ. My brothers and sisters also came to know the Lord Jesus through the LC Ministry. This is Pastor Tenefrancia’s legacy that changed lives.

Pastor Tenefrancia also gave us the Grace Bible School or GBS. He was my professor in Counseling. At the GBS, I learned precious truths from the Word of God and deeper insights in Biblical Theology and God’s character and attributes. As a result, I came to adore God in a deeper way and to love Christ more and more. This is Pastor Tenefrancia’s legacy that taught me to love God and His Word.

Personally, Pastor Tenefrancia taught me many Christian principles. He taught me to love the lost. He taught me how to share the Gospel. I remember one summer in University of Baguio. There was an LC Conference. I had my practicum on how to share the Gospel. At first, he shared the Gospel to a student while I watch and listen. After that, he let me share the Gospel to another person while he listens and prays as I share. It was a lesson I treasured most.

Pastor Tenefrancia also encouraged me to finish college. I was taking up BS Math at UP Diliman during the day and also enrolled in subjects at the GBS Evening Bible School. It was tough having 16 units at Diliman during the day and 18 units at the Bible School at night. Pastor Tenefrancia advised me to finish first my BS Math because he said that it is my testimony to my parents. I followed him and it was a wise decision. He also counseled me on love, courtship, and marriage. Siya rin ang nagkasal sa amin ni Eva.

To me, Pastor is like a father. This year, I lost two fathers: my Dad in January and now Pastor Tenefrancia. Pastor is a gentle and wise father. He is humble. Walang yabang sa katawan. He played pingpong, volleyball and basketball with us. He shared his life with us.

Pastor Tenefrancia is a great man of God. Among pastors, naging standard na namin ni Eva si Pastor Tenefrancia. Whenever we attend other Christian churches, madalas sabihin naming malayo sila kay Pastor Tenefrancia. In wisdom, humility, concern, family example, and love for God, Pastor Tenefrancia is a cut above the rest. He is Christ-like in character.

I owe a lot to Pastor. And now, let me thank Ma’am Mary Jean, Valery, Sheri Ann and Charlene for sharing Pastor’s life with us. God bless you po. Thank God for Pastor.

Pidio Nogales
April 21, 2009

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry E. Uy said...

Pids,

Thanks for posting your story and how God used Pastor Tenefrancia to change your life through Christ. You have been instrumental in encouraging so many believers to be faithful. I am sure your tribute will go a long way for Mary Jean and the children to know that Pastor lived his life for Christ as well. - Jerry Uy

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home